We issue a Diamond Foundry certificate for loose diamonds which is a full warranty that guarantees the diamonds quality. The certificate ID is inscribed at the girdle of the diamond with a tiny laser inscription.
Every engagement ring and loose diamond larger than 0.85 carats will come either with a full GCAL or a Diamond Foundry certificate.
Certifications are based on a GIA gemologist verifying the analysis of an internationally recognized independent gemological laboratory, GCAL, based in New York.
In the unlikely case that a loose diamond turns out to not meet a characteristic promised in the certificate, we will, at your option, promptly:
- accept the return of the diamond and provide you with a refund of the full purchase price; or
- replace the diamond with a diamond that meets or exceeds each of the characteristics warranted (for diamonds bought online or at retailers).
- Covers the lack of conformity of the diamond with each of the characteristics stated on the certificate at the time of sale and does not cover damage to the diamond that occurs after delivery.
- Does not cover normal wear & tear, cuts or scratches; consequential or incidental damages provided or allowed by an insurance coverage.
- Is not transferable and only applies to the original purchaser of the product.
- Remains in effect in perpetuity with the original purchase proof.
- To be able to claim this warranty, the diamonds must not be exposed to unreasonable force or harmful conditions.
FILING A CLAIM
To File a Claim:
- Contact our customer service team to start a claim.
- The diamond is required to be in its original condition with all its original documentation.
- A response to your claim will be received no later than 4 weeks after it has been received.
If you make a claim under this warranty, Diamond Foundry will inspect the diamond and any gemological evaluation on which you base your claim.
The condition of the diamond will be determined by examination under 10x magnification and by standard gemological techniques.
The accuracy of angles and linear measurements will be determined by the following tolerances: ±0.2º and ±0.02 millimeters.
Diamond Foundry reserves the right to change policies without prior notice.